SHADY LADY co-founders Jacqui and Mariel live for following Fashion Week and checking out the latest trends to inspire them for upcoming seasons. Check our which shows caught their eye and why as they break down their top 5 favourite looks from the Spring 2020 runway shows.
1. Mugler - Mugler is really having a comeback after Kim Kardashian has been seen wearing their archived designs to events like the MET Gala. I love this blazer bodysuit inspired from an archived original design from the 90's. Bella Hadid's figure is the perfect silhouette for this iconic Mugler design.
2. Laquan Smith - This up and coming designer who is well known for their very edgy designs is killing it with this celebration of the simple white blouse. I love how this look has been paired with a pony hair cow print skirt to make this look classic and edgy at the same time.
3. Balmain - Olivier Rousteing kills it again with another stunningly beautiful Spring Collection for Balmain. It was so hard to choose just one look from this 103 look collection because everything felt so new and fresh. I chose this pink blazer dress because I love a new take on the classic blazer right now. The mix of structure and flowy fabric is so unique, plus I'm having a moment with pink!
4. Christopher Kane - I've been a fan of Christopher Kane for years now but this recent collection felt extra special and reminded me of some of his break out collections a decade ago. I think the way he mixes plastics with luxurious fabrics is so creative and this blue sky print is so fun and playful.
6. Alyx Studio - Alyx Studio is another up and coming designer I have had my eye on for a while now. Their masculine designs and clean lines are always very modern and interesting. I thought this skirt suit was a classic with a twist that I could image a real life fashion #girlboss wearing to an important meeting.
1. David Koma- This is a brand I have been a fan of for a while now. David Koma came from Mugler where he was the creative director for about four years. His designs are fresh and unique and becoming more and more popular in the fashion world. I loved the details and different textures on this beautiful white cocktail dress. The way the holographic fringe moves when the model walked looks so beautiful and would defiantly catch the attention of any room.